At PortXchange, we believe digitalization, sustainability and operational efficiency go hand in hand shaping the future of the global maritime logistics sector. It is our vocation to support the industry in decarbonizating its operations, while becoming more efficient and digitally connected to the supply chains that facilitate global trade.
We are a Dutch based SaaS startup spun off from Port of Rotterdam in 2018. Today, we are shipping our solutions to leading ports in Europe, UK and US / Canada.
PortXchange recently received the prestigious NAMEPA Environmental Innovation award and Riviera Port Decarbonization award for its EmissionInsider product. PortXchange is mentioned as a Top-100 logistics startup by Thetius and TechTour.
Are you ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society and the environment and do you want to be part of one of the most profound transitions in maritime logistics? Come join us.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Account Executive to further build our sales team and grow our business by embracing end-to-end ownership of the sales process with prospective customers, and by shaping how we sell and position our products in general.
PortXchange is experiencing strong growth in the US, led from our Rotterdam office. This is an amazing opportunity to be the first on the ground in the US, further building out our relationships with current customers and reaping the opportunities to rapidly scale. In this role you will be empowered to make decisions and grow your career.
You will be responsible for the sales process and funnel and meeting the PortXchange revenue targets. The role will be based in the US, focused on the US market, reporting to the Head of Sales and interacting closely with product development and marketing.
You are responsible for all aspects of deal management, including but not limited to:
- Identifying good fit clients- both self-prospected and generated by a BDR
- Consulting with new clients to understand their digitalization/decarbonization needs and pains
- Own deals through the full sales cycle, from prospecting and initial discovery, through tender/offer creation and negotiation, final closing, ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service in each stage;
- Closing the deal- goes without saying!
- Leading the onboarding process by leveraging internal resources and teams
- Identifying opportunities for account growth while retaining and expanding revenue within book of business
- Working to pre-determined sales targets maximizing all opportunities to achieve the best results;
- Create and manage a healthy sales funnel with multiple opportunities in multiple stages with corresponding key account management;
- Responsibility of immersing yourself in the digital maritime industry globally and further strengthening your network (e.g. (virtual) speaking engagements, workshops etc);
- Successfully co-create effective online marketing and sales channels.
Ideally, you have a strong background in direct IT sales with maritime industry players such as ports, shipping lines, carriers and terminals.
We are looking for someone who has B2B software start-up experience, is well versed in setting up and closing deals, result-oriented with the ability to work in an environment of continuous change. The role requires a fair deal of international travel.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in B2B software startup sales;
- EU/US shipping/port / logistics sector industry network;
- US citizenship;
- Proven track record prospecting and closing deals;
- Entrepreneurial flair and passion for start-ups – Not afraid to wear multiple hats, get your hands dirty, and do whatever is needed to close and scale;
- Eager to rapidly grow and develop with the company and capable of taking on greater responsibility as the team and business grows.
Above all, you are a fast learner, you have a strong work ethic, and you have a burning desire to create an impact for your clients, the company and the environment.
Critical success factors:
- Navigate large complex organizations with many stakeholders and identify the decision-making unit and sourcing processes;
- Prepare and deliver presentations and proposals of high quality;
- Work alongside the rest of the business (growth marketing and product team, external partners and stakeholders) to continuously improve and develop the product, service and business;
- Sell amazing software that contributes to reducing CO2 emissions on a global scale;
- Competitive salary based on experience and profile, attractive variable compensation;
- Learn, work and have fun with bright minds;
- Flexibility working from home/office;
- Free access to coaching & learning tools for all employees (Goodhabitz)
- Opportunity to be part of scaling a purpose-driven company to its next level(s) and changing the industry.
Want to apply:
Please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.