At PortXchange we create solutions to make Port of Rotterdam, and all other ports, more efficient and limit their impact on the environment. Together with Port of Rotterdam we are committed to modernize and optimize port related logistics on a global level.
Our ideas and products are noticed and adopted by industry leaders. This is the direct result of being a startup with the backing of a leading brand. We value our culture of ownership, craftsmanship and self-organizing teams that consist of highly skilled team players. You don’t have a manager that urges you into company policies, but a coach that facilitates and challenges you and your team to excel in what you do.
Through increased customer demand we are on the verge of scaling-up multiple products. Because of this we want to expand our teams with bright and passionate software engineers.
We are creating software that we really believe might change shipping globally. Our product, PortXchange, is helping our customers by making shipping more efficient which, in turn, is helping the world by reducing CO2 emissions. Such a product can only take shape in close collaboration with our customers. To achieve this, the three teams working on PortXchange have embraced a highly iterative workflow in which new functionality is added continuously and the latest changes are deployed to production every day.
You believe that a good developer is never done learning. We value people who stay up-to-date and have knowledge of the latest useful technologies.
- You are pro active and like to lead front end development.
- You are interested in finding and solving challenges in large applications.
- You have an open mind set, willing to give and receive honest feedback.
- You have a strong quality focus & (unit/integration) test mentality; both for logic and components.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in front end development.
- At least 2 years of work experience with comparable stack.
You get to work with modern standards and versions: modern CSS (think flexbox, grid, etc.) and the latest Typescript with ES6+. While you’re working with us you can finally forget about old IE versions. We use React and Redux. We take our Typescript seriously: all functions are typed fully so the compiler can catch mistakes for you. We prefer functional programming cornerstones like immutability, and side-effect free functions where we can. Say goodbye to TypeError: null is not an object! You will feel at home with this.
We think some problems are best solved with RxJS. We use React Native to build mobile apps. Knowledge of RxJS and experience with React Native is not required, but having some experience with these technologies gives you a definite leg up.
You will be working closely with a dedicated UX-developer who values your opinion as a front-end developer highly. You will have strong say what is designed, and what will be implemented. After all, we’re creating the product together!
- Make amazing software, contribute to worldwide connected ports
- learn, work and have fun with bright minds
- Use the latest hardware
- Monthly R&D time
- Good balance between onsite and working from home
- A competitive salary, with good benefits
- Good secondary benefits
Want to apply
Please send an email with your resume to recruitment @ port-xchange.com