Are you entrepreneurial, adventurous and do you see the big changes in the world are coming from data and digitalization? Would you like to make an impact on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in global shipping?
We are looking for an International Business Consultant. Someone who likes to operate across borders together with customers on the development and implementation of smart digital solutions. The goal is to optimize the port call process and thereby increase efficiencies and decrease greenhouse gas emissions.
About the Role:
As a Business Consultant you will be working in projects with various companies in different ports such as terminals, shipping lines, service providers and port authorities. You will be looking for improvement potential together with customers. You will be implementing existing platforms and creating new solutions for our customers. You are responsible to realize the customer goals by translating user needs & processes to the development teams and implementing these solutions. You will be responsible for end-to-end solutions from the early stages of the product until the customer goals are achieved.
- Assist the customer in identifying, simplifying & solving problems;
- Work with the local teams in ports to map processes, identify pain points and agree actions to address them;
- Drive, implement and measure change;
- Work in a project environment and lead potentially part or complete project implementations;
- Ensure buy in from customer’s Leadership Teams and all relevant stakeholders and keep them up to date on progress, risk, issues and benefit realization;
- Identify business impact and benefits and include that into the implementation plan;
- Be part of a team to make and improve a commercially viable product(s) based on customer insights from the implementation (hearing the voice of the customer).
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Economics, Business or Technical field;
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in shipping (terminal, port or carrier (deepsea / barge) operations) as a Business Consultant or Business Analist;
- Great collaborator/facilitator in a team of experts;
- Independent, taking full ownership of tasks;
- Result-driven, excellent organizational skills to address complex issues;
- Ability to pose creative solutions to operational challenges, in cooperation with all relevant stakeholders;
- Experience creating software solutions with AI is an advantage
- Have knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma tools is an advantage
- Working experience in project management is an advantage
- Market amazing software that contributes to reducing CO2 emissions on global scale
- Good balance between onsite and working from home.
- Competitive salary based on experience and profile;
- Learn, work and have fun with bright minds
- Great location to work, our office is next to the central station Rotterdam.
- Opportunity to be part of scaling a purpose-driven company to its next level(s) and changing the industry
- Company pension plan.
- 25 leave days.
Want to apply:
Please send an email with your resume to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.