Are you entrepreneurial, adventurous and do you see that big changes in the world are coming from data and digitalization? Would you like to make an impact on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in shipping globally?
We seek a thoughtful lawyer with an affinity for contract & commercial law, data privacy, and technology. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded, ready to support our fast-growing business.
This position is based in our Rotterdam office with a primary focus on supporting sales transactions worldwide.
PortXchange (port-xchange.com), a Dutch SaaS startup founded in 2018, builds data-driven applications to support port communities in port call planning and emission reduction. Spun-off from the Port of Rotterdam, PortXchange is scaling its applications and data exchange platform to ports worldwide, with active use from leading carriers and terminals in ports across EU, UK and US.
About the Role:
Contracts & Negotiations – support our commercial and management team in drafting and negotiating SaaS deals and related agreements (MSA, SLA, NDA etc). More broadly, you help control legal risk arising out of contractual and business relationships.
Internal counsel – Guide, assist, and advise on the legal matters related to privacy, data/information security, regulatory, intellectual property, supplier relations and risk assessment.
Process – set up the contract management process, provide legal advice, perform due diligence, update and maintain templates and support ad hoc legal projects.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, in a top tier law firm or in the legal department of an international technology company. Solid business understanding of SaaS (Software as a Service), commercial & partnership models, international contracting standards, data protection law, intellectual property law;
- Strong negotiation skills and executive communication is required;
- Strong can-do attitude and a true team player;
- Intimate knowledge of the maritime sector and IT is an advantage;
- Entrepreneurial flair and passion for startups – Not afraid to wear multiple hats, get your hands dirty, grow with the team and the company.
- Market amazing software that contributes to reducing CO2 emissions on global scale;
- Competitive salary based on experience and profile, attractive variable compensation;
- Learn, work and have fun with bright minds;
- Great location to work. Our office is next to Rotterdam central station;
- Opportunity to be part of scaling a purpose-driven company to its next level(s) and changing the industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to apply?
Please send an email with your resume to email@example.com