Are you entrepreneurial, adventurous and do you see that big changes in the world are coming from data and digitalization? Would you like to make an impact on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in shipping globally?
PortXchange (port-xchange.com), a Dutch SaaS start-up founded in 2018, builds data-driven applications to support port communities in port call planning and emission reduction. Spun-off from the Port of Rotterdam, PortXchange is scaling its applications and data exchange platform to ports worldwide, with active use from leading carriers and terminals in ports across the EU, UK, and US.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to grow our online and direct business. You will be responsible for online and direct B-2-B sales and supporting tender responses. By embracing end-to-end ownership of the sales process with your prospective customers, you help grow our business in our target industries and geographies. Furthermore you will help shape how we position and sell our products in general.
You have a background in sales of SaaS / IT solutions in complex environments, preferably in the maritime industry with players such as port authorities, shipping lines, carriers and terminals.
You are persuasive, digital savvy, and have the ability to work in an environment of continuous change.
Based out of the Rotterdam office, in this role you will engage with prospective customers on multiple levels, interact closely with product development and marketing and you will be challenged with a high growth start-up environment filled with eager, bright and purpose driven team members.
- Execute the online sales strategy in order to deliver the desired sales outcome / target;
- Create and manage a healthy sales pipeline with multiple opportunities in multiple stages;
- Own the full online sales cycle, from prospecting and initial discovery, through tender/offer creation and negotiation, final closing, ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service in each stage;
- Co-create together with marketing effective online marketing and sales promotions;
- Prepare and deliver product demo’s and discuss technical integrations with the customer;
- Provide business intelligence for the commercial team;
- Work alongside the rest of the business (growth marketing and product team, operations, external partners and stakeholders) to continuously improve and develop the product, service and business;
- 2-6 years experience in online and direct B2B sales
- Experience selling SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) products
- You have a data-driven approach to online and direct B2B sales
- Experience qualifying opportunities and positioning software technology to clients
- Knowledge of the maritime sector is an advantage
- Experience working in an Start / Scale-up environment is an advantage
- Fluent in English and preferably one additional language
- You are eager to rapidly grow and develop with the company
- Market amazing software that contributes to reducing CO2 emissions on global scale
- Competitive salary based on experience and profile, attractive variable compensation;
- Learn, work and have fun with bright minds
- Great location to work (once reopened), our office is next to the central station Rotterdam.
- Opportunity to be part of scaling a purpose-driven company to its next level(s) and changing the industry