Are you entrepreneurial, adventurous and do you see that big changes in the world are coming from data and digitalization? Would you like to make an impact on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in shipping globally?
PortXchange (port-xchange.com), a Dutch SaaS startup founded in 2018, builds data driven applications to support port communities in port call planning and emission reduction. Spun-off from the Port of Rotterdam, PortXchange is scaling its applications and data exchange platform to ports worldwide, with active use from leading carriers and terminals in ports across EU, UK and US.
About the job
As a Technical Customer Service Representative you will be responsible to handle all first and second line customer questions. You will work closely with the domain experts and the developers providing technical support. Next to providing customer support you will also be helping in testing the application, bringing in the customer feedback, to help create the best customer experience.
You love to work in a startup environment where you have freedom to do your work in the way that gets the results. You will be the first full time person in this position. As demand increases you can take the lead or aid in professionalizing the customer service.
- Customer service is totally your thing and you are a good listener;
- Initiate and solve complex technical issues using an incident management system and escalate accordingly;
- Field incoming help requests and provide telephone and email support to end users;
- Provide effective, efficient customer service in a professional and courteous manner;
- Prioritize, respond and follow up on issues where information is readily available or standard procedures/processes exist;
- Collaborate with other members of our teams to analyze and respond to technical problems;
- Escalate issues to the proper level/area of support/development when necessary.
- Test the application and bring in customer feedback to ensure proper working of the product.
Job specification / who are we looking for
- Customer service experience, preferably for online software (SAAS).
- Work experience in the maritime industry is an advantage.
- Experience in automating repetitive support questions e.g. to fix the cause, improve the onboarding in the application and/or to document in FAQ.
- Ability to learn software applications and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player with the ability and desire to listen, learn, accept responsibility and cooperate with others to accomplish goals.
- Experience with creating dashboards and reports.
- You are flexible when it comes to work hours, and do not mind occasionally working evenings or weekends.
- You are proactive in finding better solutions to help the customer.
- You have experience in (functional) testing of applications.
- HBO or WO degree
- Contribute in making amazing software that contributes to reducing CO2 emissions on global scale
- Work within a vibrant, evolving and International company;
- Learn, work and have fun with bright minds
- Good balance between onsite (when possible again) and working from home
- A competitive salary (2200-3000 EUR gross per month) with good benefits.
- Great location to work. Our office is next to the central station Rotterdam
- Personal development budget
Want to apply?
Please send an email with your resume to email@example.com